The Naxxar Local Council said that it cannot accept and has never agreed to construction works beginning at 5am at the site of a recent construction incident in the locality, as residents have reported excessive noise and disruption linked to ongoing remedial works in the area. In a Facebook statement, the council said it had received several complaints
Carl Caruana has been sentenced to four years in prison after being found guilty of attempted grievous bodily harm in the 2019 shooting in Marsascala. Caruana, 29, was acquitted of attempted murder on Thursday over an incident in which he was accused of firing five shots at Christian Muscat, whom he had known since childhood. The incident happened
Residents of Pembroke together with several environmental NGOs are set to hold a press conference tomorrow in protest against the government’s controversial plan to hand over a massive stretch of public land to Valletta FC . The site in question lies adjacent to a protected Natura 2000 area and is earmarked for a major sports and commercial development
European Parliament president Roberta Metsola urged the Maltese public to treat every vote as a decision on Malta’s future, as she joined PN leader Alex Borg at a campaign event in Swieqi on the eve of early voting. Metsola told the audience at the event, which was meant to take place last week but was cancelled due to rain, that the choice facing
The Minister for Reform of the Construction Sector insisted there is “no room for shortcuts” when it comes to health and safety in the industry. Jonathan Attard was speaking at the inauguration of an advanced simulator for the training of excavator operators and heavy machinery workers which will form part of the educational hub of the Building and
The deportation of Mohamed Ali Ahmed Elmushraty, commonly known by his nickname "Lilu King," is being discussed between Maltese and Libyan authorities, together with the Libyan government in Tripoli, the national broadcasting station said Friday. His deportation is being considered given his long list of criminal allegations, according to TVM News
A search is underway in the sea off Sliema after a person was reported to be in difficulty while swimming. Video footage from the scene shows two Armed Forces of Malta boats searching the waters near Exiles as a helicopter circles overhead. The Civil Protection Department marine section was on site by 1.30pm, with ambulance services waiting on land
A motorcyclist was grievously injured following a crash on Regional Road on Friday morning. The crash occurred at around 8.30am and involved a Nissan Juke and Peugeot Tweet motorbike, the police said in a statement. The motorcyclist – a 32-year-old Brazilian woman – was given first aid on-site and then rushed to Mater Dei Hospital by ambulance. She
A British national was sentenced to 13 months effective imprisonment after pleading guilty to a number of charges linked to an incident which took place in Paceville earlier this month. Csanad Dora, 31 years old, born in London, England, appeared before the Court of Magistrates after being charged over an incident which occurred on 2 May 2026 at around
Disability card holders can now access hydrotherapy services for free under an agreement with the Chinese Embassy in Malta. Treatment services will be financed by the embassy’s Ambassador’s Fund through the Inspire Foundation, the office of the Speaker announced in a statement announcing the agreement. In addition to treatment services, the agreement